International Workshop on UBiquity & Information System
Ubiquitous computing is an emerging field of research that takes advantage of progress and advances from research fields such as telecommunication, wireless networks, service computing, smart products, self-identification technologies, and mobile computing. The goal is to ease daily basic tasks through the deployment of ambient intelligence by taking into account usage context. Thus, ubiquitous computing involves the construction of a global network where environment elements are interconnected and IT resources are transparent for the user. It exploits information issued from users’ environment in order to deploy context-aware services which are capable of adapting to the context of use to meet client needs.
Ubiquitous Information Systems (UBIS) is an emerging type of IS where information technology is gradually embedded in the environment. UBIS goes beyond conventional IS to cover a complex and dynamic environment composed of multiple artifacts or devices. Furthermore, UBIS are able to perceive contextual information, and support mobility.
The goal of this session is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to focus on advanced information systems and ubiquitous computing, and to establish effective collaborations in these areas.
Authors are solicited to contribute to this session by submitting papers that illustrate research results, projects, surveying works, and industrial experiences that describe significant advances in ubiquitous computing and business applications of information systems.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Software agent systems, and ubiquitous is
- Service oriented architecture and ubiquitous computing
- Smart environments and applications
- Systems software engineering
- Intelligent systems, Intelligent products and applications
- Ubiquitous computing and applications
- Design, architecture, deployment of ubiquitous computing infrastructures
- Mobility and Ubiquitous computing
- Context-aware computing and location-based services and applications.
- Enterprise information systems and Ubiquitous Computing
- Information system and Strategy alignment
- Information systems and agile enterprises
- Semantic aspects, meta-modeling, ontology
- Information System urbanization
- MDA based Systems
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Web and information Systems
Abdelaziz El Fazziki, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
Ernesto Damiani, Milan University, Italy
Kokou Yetongnon, Bourgogne University, France
Abdelaziz EL Fazziki, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
Mohammed Sadgal, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
Abderrahmane Sadiq, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
Djamel Benslimane, Lyon1 university, France
Zahi JARIR, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
Richard Chbeir, Bourgogne University, France
Mahmoud BARHAMGI, Open University,UK
Zakaria MAAMAR, Zayed University, Dubai, UAE
Ejub Kajan, State University of Novi Pazar, Serbia,
Vanilson Burégio, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil