6th International Workshop on Numerical Algorithms and Methods for Data Analysis and Classification
The extraction and the assessment of useful information from the huge amount of data available in Bioinformatics, Neurosciences, Cloud Web Services or Climate modeling pose many challenges and difficulties. The goal of the workshop will be to approach and discuss recent trends in data mining, focusing on the analysis and the classification of large data sets using novel methods, numerical models and efficient and reliable algorithmic strategies belonging to the family of clustering and genetic algorithms, neural networking and regression analysis. In particular, we are interested in the emerging techniques for data analysis addressed to relevant real-world applications, in order to share ideas, experiences and research results.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Numerical Methods for data analysis
- Parallel Dynamical Systems
- Inverse Problems
- Numerical Optimization
- Numerical Methods for Signal and Image Processing
- Multivariate Analysis
- Data Mining
- Classification Methods
- Scientific and Parallel Computing
- GPU Computing
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total, including bibliography and well-marked appendices, and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at:
Paper submission will only be online via SITIS 2023 EasyChair submission system.
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers and then will be checked for plagiarism and self-plagiarism by IEEE. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society (pending approval) and referenced in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, Scopus, DBLP and major indexes.
The proceedings of the previous editions of SITIS are available here.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. The workshop registration fees are determined by the SITIS organizers. Both in-presence and remote presentations are allowed. Further details are available here. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
Ardelio Galletti, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Naples, Italy
Livia Marcellino, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Naples, Italy
- Antonio Cicone, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Salvatore Cuomo, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Pasquale De Luca, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Italy
- Giulio Giunta, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Italy
- Pierangelo Veltri, University of Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
- Antonio Maratea, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Italy
- Elisa Francomano, University of Palermo, Italy
- Raffaele Montella, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Italy
- Marzieh Raei, University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
- Angelo Riccio, University of Naples “Parthenope”, Italy
- Mariacarla Staffa, University of Naples “Parthenope”