This statement and policy refers to the practices in relation to the conference website (www.sitis-conference.org) and the delivery of the International Conference on Signal Image Processing and Internet based Systems (SITIS).
SITIS Steering Committee – list available at this link
Controller and Processor
SITIS Organizing Committee – list available at this link
Who we are
International Conference on Signal Image Processing and Internet-based Systems – known as SITIS
The official conference secretariat offices of SITIS are through the Steering Committee Chair, Prof. Kokou Yetongnon, Université de Bourgogne, Maison de l’université, Espl. Erasme, 21078 Dijon, France.
This Statement and Policy
The Secretariat gathers and stores your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)(EU) 2016/679 and all French statutory laws and regulations.
This statement is compiled to provide you with clear information with regards to your rights and how data is managed and stored by the conference secretariat.
Please note that any links to other websites from the conference website (www.sitis-conf.com) to third-party sites are governed by their own privacy statements and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these privacy statements.
Data Processing pertaining to Your Data Privacy
The conference secretariat processes data pertaining to its activities in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
- The conference secretariat will only use your data for the indicated purpose at the time of submission.
- Data is collected and processed lawfully in order to perform contractual, specific and legitimate purposes, including existing contractual obligations, or to start negotiations in entering a new contract.
- All personal data collected and processed is relevant and limited to the purpose for which it was processed.
- All personal data collected and processed will be limited to the necessity of the purpose and processed in a transparent manner.
- All personal data processed and collected will be managed with appropriate organisational measures to ensure the safeguarding of your data, to ensure protection from data theft, unlawful processing or accidental damage or loss.
- Please also refer to the cookies policy.
- All personal data will be maintained for no longer than reasonably necessary and or legally required or deemed necessary. This does not affect your rights to have your data deleted by contacting the conference secretariat.
Transfer of Data
- Your data will never be disclosed, sold or shared with a third party without your explicit, informed consent unless it is believed that the conference secretariat is required to disclose data in order to comply with any applicable laws, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirements.
Data We Collect & Systems
Registration services are provided and managed by the conference secretariat.
In order to provide our services, the conference secretariat collects and processes personal information to meet all contractual and legal obligations pertaining to required and or booked services. This data may include but is not limited to the following:
- Name, Date of Birth
- Personal contact details: Address, email and telephone number (s)
- Work contact details: Address, email and telephone number (s)
- Employment Information
- Passport and or Visa Entry Information
- IP Addresses – in the provision of payment services and or web activity
- Banking and or payment information, including credit card information
- Anonymous statistical data involving the use of Keynote’s and our operational conference websites
- Hotel, travel, social event interaction and tour information
- Scientific/Academic opinion and or research
- ‘Special Category Data’ as required, including but not limited to; accessibility/mobility for attendance and access to all events and activities or dietary, including religious requirements (where catering options are provided when in attendance) and gender (for congress statistics only)
- Browser type
Your data will only be used for the purpose as indicated per the service(s) used while interacting with the conference secretariat. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may be modified depending on the services requested.
The conference secretariat collects this data through the following methods, but not limited to:
- Telephone Correspondence
- Postal correspondence
- Online forms (including but not limited to Conference registration, enquiry, newsletter database sign-up forms, and abstract submission forms)
- Website interaction – see cookies policy.
How We Use your Data
The conference secretariat, in delivery of its contractual obligations and operations, will only use your data for the purpose as provided to their offices. Your data will not be disclosed to any third party where not required contractually through informed consent or required by law. This would apply both to the conference secretariat and contractual obligations in the management of the conference.
We will use your data through the below, but not limited to, activities:
- Updating and maintaining our own records and marketing purposes
- Ensuring Statutory Tax Compliance
- Employment Purposed and Applications
- Fulfilment of contractual obligations as a result of service agreements as requested
- Anonymised data from the conference website to compile statistics on website usage- see cookies policy below
- Registration and or Booking/submission services. Your data may/will be provided to relevant third parties including; relevant government agencies, hotels, travel and transport groups, tour operators as part of the confirmed selected services. These third parties may reside outside the EU.
- In response to a correspondence
- With the purpose of financial management from contractual agreements both individuals, groups and corporate entities
Where necessary and appropriate under applicable laws, your data will be disclosed by the conference secretariat in response to a public or governmental request or to comply with a legal process.
We apply a best practice policy when engaging our suppliers in alignment with current GDPR guidelines and disclosures. You are responsible for reviewing any booked third-party services or any individual privacy policies disclosed above pertaining to the submission of your data. We cannot guarantee your personal data’s security with these groups and therefore do not assume any liability in this regard.
Your Rights and How to Contact us
You can contact the conference secretariat to request a copy of your personal data, rectify any errors, restrict processing, request portability of your data and or information pertaining to the processing of your personal data. At any stage, you may request to have your personal data held by the conference secretariat deleted, excluding data that we are required to keep for legal and legitimate business purposes.
You are under no obligation to provide the conference secretariat with personal data but when disclosed, you have a duty to provide correct, accurate, truthful and lawful information. This data may be required to provide access to all or parts of the services we provide and as such without, may deem this request undeliverable.
The conference secretariat will request your consent prior to using your personal data for purposes not set out in this policy and subject to relevant data protection laws.
SITIS conference secretariat
info [at] sitis-conference.org
Data Protection, SITIS Conference,
Maison de l’Université, Espl. Erasme,